Join me and Martha Keith, founder of Martha Brook as we talk about how she built her business without raising any capital.
A self-confessed stationery addict, Martha’s love of paper goods was evident from an early age when she started her first stationery business aged ten. Martha went on to study Science at University, embarking upon a successful career in the healthcare industry – but that lifelong obsession with stationery was never far away. In 2013, Martha left her corporate role with the dream of doing something more purposeful and followed her passion to create Martha Brook. The brand name combines Martha’s name with where the brand originated, her first home in Brook Green, London.
Martha started her stationery business with no cash. From a very small start, she built a £1m business without raising any capital. She ran a successful crowdfunding raise with her team in the summer of last year and her business is thriving and growing rapidly.
There were a few issues with the wifi during the interview but hopefully, you’ll get to hear most of it and amazing work from Martha continuing with the interview despite me being there!!
We talked about:
- How the business came to be
- The importance of a strong brand identity
- Building a brand community
- Why Martha decided to sell products online only
- Crowdfunding and scaling a business
When you need help
When you’re ready to work with me here are the ways that I can help you:
- Have you done The Ultimate Growth Audit? If you want to scale your business faster, identify the obstacles you’re facing, and get clear on how to remove them, my Ultimate Growth Audit is for you. It’s free and takes just 3 mins.
- Funded founders looking for business growth join me for a free growth strategy session>> Book here
- Not yet funded but you want to learn more? Join me on my free Growth Masterclass here