“If you’re not willing to fail you can’t innovate” love this quote from Brené Brown which I heard last night when watching her brilliant documentary. If you haven’t seen it already on Netflix I definitely recommend it.
Starting with Growth:
For real growth to happen I believe you need to develop 3 things.
Growth = business growth + digital growth + personal growth.
I’ve been loving all your recommendations for my A-Z of Growth. Keep them coming! It’s amazing how many words resonate with us when it comes to growth.
- A for Awesome, Action, Authentic, Ambitious, Agile and Attentive
- B for Brave, Brand, Bold, Belief
- C for Community, Commitment, Collaboration, Connection, Courage – I feel that C is a really good one with so many opportunities that are all so strong!
- D for Dedication, Drive, Dedication, Dreams
This week I have taken a little break from A-Z on LinkedIn but been continuing on Instagram and will pop back soon with some video updates.
Happiness from Rebecca Morley:
I got Rebecca’s email yesterday and it really resonated with me – it was all about happiness and I wanted to share a little of it with you below:
Studies have found that people who report a greater sense of happiness generally have a higher level of immunity against illness. Focusing on my own happiness makes me feel as though I’ve created something of a protective shield around myself, but to know that it can protect your immune system too, well that’s win-win!
So how can you possibly focus on happiness with everything that’s going on?
Here’s 4 of the best (tried and tested with my clients!):
1. Don’t waste time focusing on the things you can’t control, focus your energy on the things you can – your actions, your reactions and your mindset.
2. Choose unconditional happiness. If you’re waiting for certain things to happen before you allow yourself to be happy then stop. Make a choice to be happy anyway whilst you’re working towards those things instead.3. Spread happiness wherever you can. Smile, say thank you and mean it, give someone a compliment, buy someone a coffee. Create virtuous circles that keep on giving.
4. Find joy in the every day. Slow down and notice the things that make you happy. Perhaps it’s a really good coffee? Or a great conversation. Challenge yourself to dwell on the good more than the bad.
Next week I am running a free masterclass for female founders – I’ll be sharing my secrets as to how I grew 3 successful businesses and how I help my clients do the same >> –you can register here.
Have a great week,