Julia Elliott Brown is CEO and founder of Enter the Arena and a serial entrepreneur, with more than 20 years experience in the start-up industry.
She raised £2 million for her last business, Upper Street, a fashion tech brand. And now she helps female founders secure the investment they need to scale.
In this episode we explore:
- How failing to scale led to greater success
- The range of skills entrepreneurs must demonstrate when raising investment
- Why only 2.7% of venture funding goes to women-led businesses
- And how Julia helps female founders to overcome this
- How she prepares her clients for successful investor meetings
- When is the right time for a start-up to raise funding