In this week’s episode of Starting to Scale with Emmie Faust, I’ve invited my friend (and Angel Investor) Phil Fraser to share his simple business strategy setting approach that results in a useful, insightful, and flexible plan to base your business decisions around.
When we met 17 years ago, Phil and I both worked in the gambling industry. He went on to sell his business, and is now an Angel Investor, and also provides business mentorship to other founders using his simple, but effective, five-step Business Strategy Blueprint.
I invited him onto the podcast to discuss:
- How he made the transition from paid employment to start-up founder
- The pivot / happy accident that led to his first business making money in an unexpected way
- His simple five-part Business Strategy Blueprint (and the essential question that brings it all together)
- How to use the Blueprint in real-life, as a fluid, iterative process
- What Phil looks for when making angel investments